Travel Insurance: Major Medical for International Travel
Proper travel insurance can protect you and your family if something unexpected happens – even if that means losing your luggage!
A medical emergency abroad can cause a huge financial headache for travelers without the proper insurance. It is not uncommon for US residents to find that their traditional health insurance doesn’t offer coverage abroad. If a plan does offer coverage, it is usually restricted to emergency services only.
Major medical and travel insurance policies are great short term solutions for most travelers looking to protect themselves.
Who should get Travelers Insurance?
The State Department advises short-term medical insurance for trips occurring outside the US.
- US Residents Traveling Outside the US
- US Residents Temporarily Living Outside of the US
What type of travel is covered?
- Religious Pursuits
- VISA Requirements
- Business Assignments
- Students Studying Abroad
Wallace-Rice Benefits now offers Travel Insurance through Petersen International!
- Customizable total coverage amount up to $5 million
- Customizable deductible options, $0 to $5,000
- Policy term up to 11 months
- $25,000 accidental death benefit
- $100,000 for emergency medical evacuation & repatriation of remains
- $1,000 for trip cancellation
- $500 for lost luggage
- No medical underwriting
- Apply online
- War & Terrorism coverage
- Hazardous sports/activities
NOTE: Pre-existing conditions are excluded. This coverage is not ACA compliant and should not replace your qualified health plan. More information on QHP’s can be found here.
Questions? Speak with an agent at Wallace-Rice benefits today (360) 734-1161