Open Enrollment is nearly here and we are ready to help!
Washington Healthplanfinder, the online health insurance marketplace operated by the Washington Health Benefit Exchange, is launching its third open enrollment period for Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) starting Sunday, Nov. 1, 2015.
Our office will be ready to assist you with your application renewal & plan selection this year as early as Monday, November 2 if no changes need to be made to your application on file.
Our office will be ready to help you report changes to update your application & select a plan as early as Tuesday, November 24. Any changes to your household that have occurred or will occur since the last application was submitted will need to be reported later so as not to affect your December enrollment.
IMPORTANT: all application changes reported Nov 1 to Nov 23 will impact December 2015 coverage period.
Tips to help you prepare:
- Recover your Username and Password if you haven’t done so in a while. Steps for doing so can be found here.
- Log into your account and review the document posted in your Message Center titled, “Open Enrollment Renewal.” Make note of any updates that need to be changed and TAKE NO ACTION TO REPORT THOSE CHANGES UNTIL NOVEMBER 24.
- Make a list of prescriptions and commonly used services that are important to you and be ready to share that with your broker.
Your broker will match you with a plan that provides support for the benefits that matter to you.
Many plans in 2016 have been discontinued or changed – particularly BRONZE and SILVER plans.
If you received a tax credit in 2015, understand that the tax credit amount for 2016 may be different, so your premium may increase even if you choose to keep your current plan or its nearest equivalent.
Deadlines to submit applications and plan selections on the exchange:
- For Jan 1 coverage – Submit applications by December 23
- For Feb 1 coverage – Submit applications by January 23
- For Mar 1 coverage – Submit applications by January 31
Open Enrollment ends January 31, 2016.
VERY, VERY IMPORTANT: remember that all application changes reported Nov 1 to Nov 23 will impact December 2015 coverage period. We cannot stress this enough!
Those needing to wait until November 24 to report changes will still be able to browse 2016 plan options starting Nov 1 using estimated tax credits with their broker. Contact us at email@example.com with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Looking for WA Apple Health renewal help? Check out our previous post, here.